Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am looking for a learning tower for Katie
But most places will not ship it to Hawaii - or want to charge over 100 bucks to ship it. Has anyone found a place with good shipping rates (or free) to Hawaii- or are they sold anywhere locally??
Thanks
Kelly

· Registered
11,514 Posts
Ha! You have discovered what I consider the major problem with living in Hawaii. You can't find it here and it can't be shipped. Let me know if you find somewhere because I've been thinking of getting one of those and hadn't even considered that no one would ship it here.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=glance&s=toys
Always check amazon. If they carry it, half the time the will free ship it to Hawaii, we got our vaccum there with free shipping. But they have so many stores under them now, and there shipping is very clearly displayed under seller info, even if it isn't on there own website. I looked at this website and didn't find their info on shipping to Hawaii, but it is there on amazon. I am not sure how much it weighs, but it would cost, 4.49 plus 99 cents per pound. As long as it weighs under 95 pounds, it would cost less then 100 for shipping. But I couldn't find how much it weighs. I will keep looking though.
Valerie

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your help! I am still looking. Several places offered free shipping at first and I even paid, but then they called the house and told me that they had to charge like 100 bucks, or cancel the order. Well, two did that anyway. SO! I am still looking, I will certainly let you guys know what I find. I am meeting with Gean from Orginally Yours later this month to ask about him making something similar.
Thanks
Kelly

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Kelly I have been looking and can't find anything, I am sorry. What is the number for Originally yours? I have also been looking for a nice kitchen for Natalie, and of course running into the same problem. Jack keeps rolling his eyes at me but I really want her to have a nice kitchen!!! Especially since half the presents she got this year where kitchen related. Oh well, I will talk him into it.
Valerie

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Oh this stinks, it really does! I just checked this forum and found this! Drat! The Learning Tower is my dream plaything for my girls for their second birthday! Phooey! I may have my DH do the ordering and have him speak to the service manager when they rescind their free shipping thing. He's done this before and reduced them to apologies and the originally-offered free shipping, but never on such a large item.

How much does it weigh? Could my parents bring it over on the plane when they come visit?

In case anyone out there is listening, IT'S HAWAII, NOT MARS!!!!!!!!!!!
:

· Registered
1,369 Posts
I spoke to the woodworker from Orginally yours and he was going to custom make us a wood kitchen for our girls. I gave him some ideas and we were going back and forth on prices. Somehow we lost contact, basically he never called us back. I guess he didnt want to do it after all. We really couldnt afford it then anyway..thing got tight around christmas. Hopefully by this spring we are going to get one for dd's birthday. But we will be moving to the mainland this sumer.
so i guess we should just wait until then.

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yikes Jessica! That is good to know that gean did not follow through- did you already give him money? I am sorry it did not work out. Was the naked fruniture place a better deal you think? (besides that they actually finished the products...)?
My folsk got Sonny some power tools for Christmas, so now I have to get on him to build me one...
Oh The learning tower is 34 pounds.
I will certainly shout it out when I figure this out!
I have seen small wooden kitchen sets onisland. But nothing big. Teh Childrens discovery center (here i go gushing again) had some wooden toys for sale, the kitchen set was small, but cute, I can not think of the price. I have also seen them at ROSS actually from time to time...
Good luck!
Kelly and Katie

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Kelly, maybe your husband and my husband can get together and put something together. He has tons of tools that pretty much haven't been used since we got here.
If you ever see a kitchen at ross let me know, we don't get there that often. Somehow it is as bad as taking Natalie to Toys R Us, we can't get her out.
Valerie

· Registered
935 Posts
Lol, the Ross trap. DS had a huge tantrum there the other day as i tried to remove him from the toy section. I had to run out of the store with him screming and everyone staring at me. Not fun.

Anyway, Ross had a ton of good stuff right before Christmas. They had a ton of Melissa and Doug wooden blocks, puzzles etc. They also had some wooden trains sets and a ton of Thomas stuff. The only kitchens I saw was the Chicco kitchen for $44. I went there yesterday and they had some pink plastic kitchen that I think was made by Little Tikes. It was pretty bad. I have a Ross about 5 minutes away so i check there fairly often. I'll post if I see anything and maybe I could just grab it for you.

Also, the learning tower raised their prices after the New Year to $149. I doubt you will find anyone that will ship to Hawaii. I think your best bet is to have one made.

BabyUniverse.com has some really nice kitchens and they do ship to Hawaii. You have to put the stuff in your cart and then they contact you with a shipping price. I think your best bet would be if you can find something from Target.com or Amazon.com. I bought a huge floor mirror from Target a few weeks ago and they shipped it for free UPS.

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Happy Happy joy joy! I found a learning tower today onisland! We went to Catapliiar kids to get some more robeez for Katie (only 22.99 there) and low and behold some one had turned in a really nice learning tower. They had no idea what it was or why I was sooo excited!! I got it for a really good deal! I am tickeled pink! Katie really likes it! Sonny was looking at it and agrees that they would be simple enough to make!
Hooray!
okay I am done gloating now
Kelly

· Registered
687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuavaLava
Oh wow! I am so jealous. I don't think I can take many more days of Kalli dragging chairs across the floor.

: melissa. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.