Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so sad and pissed for my friend
:

Her dh just told her he didn't love her, is leaving, blah, blah, blah. All evidence points to an affair.

Anyway, they have 5 kids, he is the main breadwinner, though she works part time. He controls all of their money, pays their bills, she's not on the account.

He seems to think he can walk away and not pay for their family's needs. What does she need to do legally to make sure he can't do this? Where does she start? He has insurance through his work. She has a lot of health problems. She's worried that if they do divorce, she'll be left high and dry (though I guess the kids will be covered). But I guess divorce is not the most immediate problem.

What else? They rent a house right now. Have few assets.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Oh yeah, she needs to get to an attorney, pronto. There are some who will see you for free on the first visit. There is also Legal Aid.

This guy cannot just walk away and not support children he made, just because he is tired of them. It doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
:

Can you tell me what state they are in?

I will try to find info accordingly.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkerBelle View Post
Oh yeah, she needs to get to an attorney, pronto. There are some who will see you for free on the first visit. There is also Legal Aid.

This guy cannot just walk away and not support children he made, just because he is tired of them. It doesn't work that way.
No kidding! I've known her dh since high school (she and I have been friends even longer). I'm just
and
: that he's doing this! They live several hours away from me, but I'm seriously fighting the urge to go and kick his @%$!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
No kidding! I've known her dh since high school (she and I have been friends even longer). I'm just
and
: that he's doing this! They live several hours away from me, but I'm seriously fighting the urge to go and kick his @%$!
Maybe he is having some sort of breakdown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.