Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this post is okay in this forum. We are not off the grid, but we are somewhat country on our 2 acres with mostly woods in the back...

My family and I just moved into our new home three weeks ago. We have a fully finished lower level, basically a basement that has been converted into living space. It above ground in most places, not underground like many basements. As of the last two days, we have swarms of horseflies somehow (and for some reason) entering our basement. I actually called an exterminator, although I do not want to use poison or chemicals-- especially as this is my children's play space. They suggested fly paper and fly spray. The spray doesn't excite me, and the paper...I don't know enough about it. I have been serving as the exterminator for 48 hours; this is the first ime in my life I have killed any insects. They feel like they are taking over. Suggestions for natural "fly spray" as well as any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully, they are VERY slow and easy to kill. I have done just that, but more appear (from where??) every few hours. I will be hanging out downstairs with the children, having killed 10 or so of them, and we will see no more. Then we'll go upstairs for dinnner and to play outside. When we come back down later on, there are 4 or 5 more. So I kill those, and later on...more again! We have no screen doors or windows open down there, and I am perplexed. So yeah, killing them works. But I can't be doing it ALL day long!!
:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.