Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm getting what my 2 yr old had. He had a bad cold, cough, and ear infection. I can feel my ears filling up. The last thing I need is a fever and ear infection. I don't want to end up on antibiotics!!!!! What can I do to zap this cold away fast??? I've got a cold-eze in my mouth now, but I think I heard that too much zinc is not good during pregnancy. I also have a headache, but don't like taking anything for that either. I've tried some of my DS's RNA products that he uses for inflamation. That seems to be helping a little for the headache. (It's totally natural, and I'm sure it's okay during pregnancy.) What about Vitamin C? I'll have to go out and get some, since all I have is "Beyond C" (again, for my son), but that has EDTA in it, and it is NOT safe during pregnancy. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. Last time I was sick while pregnant, we lost the baby, so I'm really anxious to get rid of this fast!!!! By the way, I'm about 12 weeks along.

·
Registered
166 Posts
3 - 4000 mg of quality vitamin c
eat tons of raw garlic
take propolis which is very safe during pregnancy
drink hot water and lemon
take acidopholous

Stay away from refined sugar, heavy meats, bananas and dairy products.

Eat lots of clear broth soups and easily digested foods.

boil water and add teatree oil and inhale to clear congestion.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Run a vaporizor with eucalyptus oil (or tto) at night to help prevent infection. You can put ear oil in your ears- find it at the hfs. Spray saline solution in your nose, or irrigate your sinuses with a neti pot or the like. Rest, rest, rest of course. carzy toddler bye now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.