Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bf'ing but supplementing with a bottle after every feed while I pump as well to get milk supply up, but my 2 wk old is staying constipated on Similac Organic dairy formula. I don't like soy products, so what else could I supplement with? I have hemp milk but not sure if it is safe to give it to her at such a young age, but she can't just straining and pooping out green balls or hard logs!!!!!
:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Why exactly are you giving her formula? The more you nurse her the more adequate your milk supply will be.
My dd had a terrible time with gas and constipation when I started supplementing with formula and it completely ruined our nursing relationship. I produced less and less milk and ended up weaning her at 4 mos. Of course I was a teen mom then and I regret that very much now. Breastmilk is enough.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Yes, visit the breastfeeding boards... supplementing can defeat your purposes.

I would try Natren LifeStart bifidobacterium. You can read more about it in post #20 in the Healing the Gut Tribe Cheat Sheet stickied in main H&H forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.