Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, we've got him in sposies for now.

We use prefolds and covers. Usually Motherese and Diaperaps.
The problem is my 4.5mo who is ~16lbs is outgrowing his size M wraps. The ones that are supposed to fit 16-21lbs.
He started in them around 12lbs and now they are tight in the legs, the waist still fits but the elastic is pulled tight so it leaves a lot of marks on his skin and the velcro is coming close to rubbing him too. He tends to "complain" a lot while wearing them.

So we're in sposies until we can get a better cover but he's practically out of those too! I'll go buy some covers today if I just knew what kind fits chunky babies best, or is maybe more forgiving? Suggestions? Advice? Help!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
My babe was 16 pounds at 4 months and we used Bummis Super Whisper Wraps. They are supposed to fit from 15-30 pounds. We've also never had a leak in them.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
My DD is almost 4 months and was 16 pounds two months ago. So I am thinking she is prob 17-18 lbs by now. I ablsolutely love the Imse Vimse covers. They work great over the prefolds. I got the night covers and use them during the day. I also have a super whisper wrap and it fits okay. DD has serious thunder thighs and there has been plenty of room in these.

·
Registered
149 Posts
DS is 8 months and a chubby 20 lbs. He's still in his medium covers. We use Proraps, Bummis Super Whisper Wraps and Imse Vimse Bumpy Night covers (but like a PP said, we also use them during the day too).

I like the Imse Vimse Bumpy Night Covers the best. They have a gusseted leg to catch any leaks and there is enough room for his chubby thighs. Plus, they're softer than the other covers. They are the most expensive, though. The Bummis and Proraps also fit him well, but the Bummis SWW doesn't feel very soft to me and doesn't have a gusseted leg hole. The Prowrap has gussets, contains messes well, fits good and is the least expensive, but it's just so boring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts