Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4yo dd has had a high fever (101-102F) for a few days and this morning I noticed some light red spots on her feet, very small, kinda look like pressure spots from her fleece blanket. Later I realized that there are more of them and that they have spread to her hands/forearms too (although they could have been there earlier, and I didn't notice them) Is this the beggining of chicken pox? Roseola?? I have no insurance and can't afford an un-needed visit to the doc's office!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwithboys
hand, foot, and mouth disease?
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. The medical name is coxsackie disease (sp?). It is viral, so there is no treatment that I know of other than to let it run it's course and make your dd feel comfortable - lots of fluids, rest, Vit. C, etc. You could google it for more info.

I hope your dd is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I went to nurse dd at lunch today and they announced that there was a case of HFM disease--same symptoms you mentioned. There are only 4 babes in the day care room. Last week dd had a fever and diarrhea. Yesterday and today another baby was out with fever and diarrhea. If dd had spots on her feet and hands, I didn't notice, but she gets eczema if you just look at her funny, so I don't notice rashes much anymore. I have a feeling she got it, but a mild case.

So now I'm wondering. Crystal, when was the last time we saw each other? :LOL
Once you see the spots and the fever it's no longer contaigious, so I'm wondering if Kayla had it when she went to Bea's party. I haven't noticed any fever in Bea. Maybe it bypassed her and got Ingrid.

At any rate, I got 2 extra days off over the long weekend since Ingrid was sick, so if this is the case, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.