Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Giving food to her baby brother can be extremely dangerous?<br><br>
I just walked out of the room for a second and DS has a grape in his mouth. He's 7 months, I know she just wants to share, but OMG I am scared to death about her giving him food. We've expressed this many times and she doesn't listen. Just now she told me, "well he's still alive".<br><br>
How do you get them to understand without going crazy, and keeping the baby ok? Ugh.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
If the 7month old is eating any solids let her help feed them. Only give the 3.5yo food at the table & stay in the room so you can monitor. Remind the 3.5 yo daily(more often if necessary) that she has to ask before giving the baby food(so you can give appropriate choices)

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I would cut her grapes if you're not still doing that. And I wouldnt leave her alone with the baby until she's older. It'll be more of a pain, but he'll be safer!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Unfortunately you may just have to never leave them alone together. When my mother was a little girl she had two cousins, a boy of 3 and a baby boy of 6 months. They were left alone in a room for just a moment and the 3 year old hit the baby in the head with a hard toy. The baby was severely brain damaged. I am not saying this to scare you, just to let you know that something bad can happen in an instant. With kids that young, you just can't ever leave them alone.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand the concern of leaving her alone, it really was just a second. My DD is more trying to be helpful. He does eat solids and she has helped.<br><br>
Maybe I shouldn't have even asked on here.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I wasn't trying to upset you and if I did I apologize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts