Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm hoping someone can help me with this- i'll try and keep the story short. i have a bit of a phobia about the dentist, and well, it's been a loooong time since i've seen one. now i think i have an abcess and i know that something that really needs to be taken care of right away. does anyone have any suggestions for a kind and gentle dentist who won't be judgemental about the fact that i haven't gone in so long?? thanks!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
In the yellow pages there are often dentist who advertise "we cater to cowards". No joke. They are made for people with dental phobias, which is fairly common. IME, my recent dentists understood I haven't goen in years because I-like most-can't afford too. I tried clinics and ll I can say is do not go to them!

What county are you in? My dentist is decent, I had phobia for years but after a year long infection that spread to my temple and neck and NO DENTIST would help me w/o a LARGE payment first, I was happy to find a dentist who wasn't about payment first-but about save my life now...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use Dr. Katz in Runnemede. I have simliar issues to you and he's cool. He knows I hate everythign about dentistry. I called out of a few appt. in fear. They didn't bust my chops about it. He's very dry and listens to the grateful dead the whole time he works on you, but i dig him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.