Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been separated from my ex for 6 years now. My daughter is now 9 and I am still constantly battling him butting heads with any decision I make. His most recent stunt has been to harass me for signing my daughter up for a team sport he didn't choose. She chose it for the record. I felt a 9 year old can choose what extra curricular activity she would like to join. She came home upset because she geared up and showed him her moves over the weekend in hopes to show him how serious she is about this sport. Then she went on to tell me how he spent the whole weekend trying to "talk her into other sports". Sports aside she told him she isn't into these other sports yet he is still pushing her. Sports aside how can he feel its okay to use coercion on a child. Does he really want to teach her that his needs are more important? Does he now know that will only translate into future relationships? She doesn't want to hurt his feelings and say no, but she doesn't want to say yes either since she doesn't want to participate in these other sports. I am at a loss, can anyone please help me with some advice? I am sorry this is so long, I am just beside myself with so many of his antics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm so sorry you are going through that, it must be tough. I would just suggest that your daughter talk to him about it in an open forum, like out to dinner or while doing something fun together. Maybe that would help? Praying for you mama,

mommato2lilmonkeys

1 - 2 of 2 Posts