Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to find a hb m/w since last year. Now I'm pregnant and time's getting short. I wouldn't mind going to a birthing center, but the nearest one I can find is in Norfolk, 2 1/2 hours away. I could drive it, since I have long labors (2 children-13 hrs, 9 hrs-with pitocin [I didn't know better]), but dh hates traffic in that area & is dead set against it. (He's also against hb.)

I have a friend that is not a m/w, but delivered her grandchild (overseas) and had 5 of her own 6 children @ home. She's an EMT-CT (cardiac tech), so she has emergency childbirth training (not high-risk, just "I'm in labor, call 9-1-1).

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi EMTMOM -

I currently live in King William - moved here from Richmond area. Had my DS at MMRC (in Mechanicsville) with MW. Worked out well for us for first birth - was able to decline a lot of things - however still too much medical "junk" involved.
There is a HB MW that works out of Richmond. Nancy Giglio is her name. She works with Henrico Drs Hospital too. Has a great rep. Is only HB MW known in these parts. Otherwise - C'ville has two (I think).
I am from the NN. (Burgess) and know of some people that had HB's in that area - but they used MW from Norfolk area (not sure if CMW or not). You may want to retitle your request to say something like: "Attn: Looking for HB MW in Norfolk area". Hopefully moms with experience from that area will respond. I find that many people don't recognize towns/countys in the NN!

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.