Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and his wife just had a baby last week. They have most of the basic supplies & gear, but I want to get them something special that doesn't add any clutter to their little apartment.

Please post ideas of what would be a gift that is appreciated/useful. (In other words, what was the best baby gift you ever received, and/or what would your dream baby gift be?)

Thanks in advance. :smile:

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Congratulations! Blessings to you and your family.
I think that a meal is way to go right after a baby:grin:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congrats!

I second the food suggestion. Especially if she is breastfeeding.

As far as physical items go, three yards of lightweight, but sturdy, material was my favorite thing. It had so many uses. A baby sling (great for hot weather), a sun shield when riding in the car, a lightweight blanket when napping, and an indoor tent were all ways I used mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I've had the hardest time trying to find a sweet, thoughtful and useful gift for one my close friends who's 26 weeks pregnant. I kind of feel like a failure of a friend :s

I'm not a knitter, but do you think trying to make a blanket would be something that gets used? I know a friend who did that for her godson and I thought that was pretty special.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations! Personally, I was given a CuddleCo Doona Car Seat, but knowing how expensive they are I would have much prefered a small cuddly for him, although it was a very thoughtful gift!:grin:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I echo food! I sooo appreciated the thoughtfulness of friends who dropped off meals! Drop off meals with no expectation to stay. Offer to clean. Arrange to hold the baby so mom can take her time to shower. Anything that you can do to keep the home running without the mom having to do it will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: shoeg8rl
1 - 8 of 8 Posts