Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A family member made me what I *think* is a beautiful quilt for Christmas. When I opened the box it was shipped in, my scissors sliced the wrapping paper, and upon closer inspection cut a fine line into the fabric.

We decided to put in under the tree and open it on Christmas morning, but if I did what I think I did, is there someway I can keep the fabric from tearing more? I'm not sure I can get interfacing under the tear.

Doh!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Interfacing would be my first suggestion, which will hold it in place, but if this is something that is going to be used and washed, then really it's going to have to be repaired, either with a patch or darning.

·
Registered
594 Posts
if its cut then take it to the person who made it for you and have them fix it.
it may suck to have to admit that it got cut, but if something i have made for someone gets damaged, i would want to be the one to fix it.
i am sure they will appreciate that you want it fixed right so you can use it and love it dearly.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
And if they're too far away to bring it to them to fix it, I would go to the quilting store nearest you (not a large fabric store) and find the person teaching the most complex quilt class. Likely they can fix it, or can send you to somebody who CAN. Dunno what they'd charge to do it, but at least they'll know what they're doing!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
And if they're too far away to bring it to them to fix it, I would go to the quilting store nearest you (not a large fabric store) and find the person teaching the most complex quilt class. Likely they can fix it, or can send you to somebody who CAN. Dunno what they'd charge to do it, but at least they'll know what they're doing!

I would have never thought of that. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I think I'll do this, as the person who sent it to me lives literally on the Atlantic Ocean and I'm practically on the Pacific.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.