Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lady @ the dentist office was supposed to have someone call back "in one hour" to discuss this...well, it is almost 24 hours later and noone called. I have a tooth with a white filling in it. You can see that it is decaying around the filling and it is starting to get a little sensitive. The dentist wanted to fill it while I was preggo, but said I'd need an xray to see how bad the cavity was. He wanted to Xray me while I was 2 1/2 months along and i said NO Way!. Now I am BFeeding exclusively. What do I need to do? What is the safest filling that doesn't cost a fortune? What if the fill it without me being nummbed at all? (how would getting a cavity filled without being numbed compare to drug-free childbirth?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Can't speak to most of your questions but as for going without numbing - it's totally doable if the filling isn't the very deep kind. Not all dentists are willing to do that though for fear you'll be jumpy and move at a bad time. It's a different kind of pain than with birth, but if you can focus and breathe through you should be fine. The actual drilling/painful part is very short and it's so nice not to be numb for hours after. You can always try w/out and stop them if it gets too bad. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... anyone else???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts