Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, generally I love cosleeping.My toddler is a great snuggler but the snuggling is at a certain point in the night lightly stroking me, looking for skin usually throught the neck or the wrist of my shirts. She does this for hours as she is asleep, I am not. I have moved her to her own attached mattress and have worn tight shirts etc. I tried holding her hands etc, but the girl needs to grope. ANy thoughts?

·
Registered
928 Posts

I'm so relieved I am not the only one getting sleep-molested by my toddler!

I put a pillow between myself and him after he is already deeply asleep. He ends up cuddling with the pillow pretty happily all night. In the wee hours he sometimes discovers this diversion and finds his way across the pillow and back on top of me!

He also likes to put his feet underneath my body or down my pajama pants!

Toddlers are so funny!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My toddler is a big groaper too! He has to run his hands threw my hair to fall asleep and when I turn my back to him to nurse the babe he too puts his feet down my pants on my butt glad im not the only one!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mean_jeannie View Post

I'm so relieved I am not the only one getting sleep-molested by my toddler!

I put a pillow between myself and him after he is already deeply asleep. He ends up cuddling with the pillow pretty happily all night. In the wee hours he sometimes discovers this diversion and finds his way across the pillow and back on top of me!

He also likes to put his feet underneath my body or down my pajama pants!

Toddlers are so funny!
I am SO trying the pillow technique tonight!!!!!! "Sleep molested" that is too funny! I like that term
I have to say I have not had feet down my jammies pants....yet.

·
Registered
528 Posts
DD is constantly putting her hand down my shirt while awake. At night, it's even worse. She throws both her legs over mine, has AT LEAST one hand down my shirt, and if she can work it, she's got parts impinging on DH's manhood as well. I'm sure this will seem very funny when she's 15 and giving me attitude!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't have a toddler, but my 7 month old insists on groping me, too. But the thing about him is that he digs his nails in and prefers the delicate skin of my neck (under my chin) or around my eyeballs or lips!

Its the only way he'll fall asleep. It used to be no big deal, but now that he's older, its getting painful! He won't hold my hand or a lovie, he wants to dig his nails into my skin!

Anyway, no help. I just wanted to say that I feel ya.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I've got two gropers over here. My 32 month-old DS is a huge "sleever"--absolutely has to sleeve you (put his hand up inside the wrist of a L/S shirt and rub your arm) while he falls asleep. It drives me batty.
: I usually tell him, "Go sleeve Daddy--he has bigger sleeves--you can get your whole arm up there!" DH appreciates this very much, of course.

My 17 month-old loves to stick his fingers in my navel while I'm nursing him, pinch/knead the skin on my breasts and sternum, and lately, he's being going for my waistband, but he is quickly redirected.
At least he's not a nipple tweaker, but that's cold comfort at this point!

I have some minor sensory issues related to hating light, fluttery touch, so that's cool...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
I am SO trying the pillow technique tonight!!!!!! "Sleep molested" that is too funny! I like that term
I have to say I have not had feet down my jammies pants....yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massagemamma View Post
what a relief! I'm going to try the pillow diversion for sure. Its just good to know that others are being kept awake too.
Sleep deprivation solidarity!!
Good luck! Let us know if it works for you too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.