Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am in need of help! I am due in 3 weeks and my Dr keeps pushing me hard for another c-section. Yesterday she told me that I needed to start all these stress tests to make sure that my baby doesn't die and when I started to cry she asked if I was considering a c-section. This was after we just talked about my wanting to try a VBAC (this was the 100th time we talked about a VBAC) and both my hubby and I have been adamant about not scheduling a c-section. She is a worst case scenario Dr and it comes out every now and then but yesterday she just went overboard. I went with our family Dr instead of an OB because I figured that she would not be as quick as an OB to c-section. Quite honestly I am not sure if she even feels capable of delivering cuz she sure is trying to make me feel incapable of pushing this baby out. My baby is about 2 weeks larger than my gestational date. Although I know that this is normal. I am not a high risk mother either. So ladies if anyone knows of a Dr with a high VBAC rate, man or woman, please let me know. I am in Beaverton just shy of 217/26.

Thanks

Melissa

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Oh mama. I have no ideas, but I am sure some wise pdx mama's will have some advice. I didn't birth in Portland, so am sort of out of the loop. I just wanted to send you lots of good, calm, and STRONG vibes

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My friend is planning a VBAC with the midwives at OHSU and says they are very positive and enthusiastic about it. Hopefully you will get some responses from someone local who has done it!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
You are SO STRONG, to be advocating for yourself in such a huge way, at this point! I am in awe of you!!!!!

I wish I had suggestions for you, but all I have is amazing respect for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ladies

I have heard good things about the midwives at OHSU but figured that I should stick with my family Dr. Apparently not. I will let you know what happens
Thanks for your support

Melissa

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am just so excited about my news I have to share!! I was able to get app. with a nurse midewife at OHSU for Wednesday and have cancelled all remaining app with my last Dr., except I have an app for the first of Dec to have a little talk with my ex Dr so that she is well aware of why I am not using her as my Dr or my perdiatrition. I just wanted to let ya know and will keep you posted about my experience and of course maybe get some answers to things that I don't think of when I am at my app.

Thanks again for everyones support!!

Melissa

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So last week I went and talked with the Midwife and I have to say what a relief! I no longer feel like I am fighting an uphill battle! She was supportive of my decision to VBAC gave me tons of info that my previous Doc didn't and then presented me with the VBAC wavier... that little piece of paper that was never shown to us by my previous Doc. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. What an amazing feeling to have the support of a professional on my side and sharing the same determination that I have to make this birth the best success for myself, the baby and my husband. We have our next app on Thursday and I am looking forward to it!

Thanks again for all your support

Melissa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts