Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been doing okay but I need these to last through maybe one more after this baby. Can someone please tell me the "proper" way to care for my wool? My mother actually threw one in the washer the other day!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Just hand wash when it smells or when it gets poop on it. I usually use a small amount of baby shampoo. Then lanolize every 4 or 5 washes.<br><br>
To lanolize, I put some warm water in a jar. Then add a drop or two of baby shampoo and the lanolin. I use more than most people I think, about an inch squeezed from the tube.<br><br>
Shake it all up until the lanolin is completely melted and pour into the inside of the crotch of the cover first. Then work it to the edges of the cover. Set for a few minutes, roll in a towel, squeeze out the excess water. I usually lay mine over a blow fan overnight and it is dry by morning.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!<br>
I 've been hand washing them but with the LD I normally use. I don't use baby soap or shampoo(breaks DD out). Can anyone have a good suggestion on what to wash it in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts