Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making PUL/microfleece pocket dipes. I like to use some fun (to me, anyway) color combos...like...<br>
lavender outer/lime inner<br>
aqua outer/yellow inner<br>
I have multiple yards of the fleece (fewer colors) but lots of different color PUL yardage. The Aplix is white.<br>
There's not much topstiching, just on the front where the Aplix tabs are sewn on and on the back for the elastic casing. But I just can't decide what color thread to use!<br>
matching fleece - colorful look on outer but also shows every mistake<br>
matching PUL - classy but have to buy a lot of different thread colors<br>
matching Aplix (white)<br>
What would you choose???

·
Registered
370 Posts
Depends ,in my humble opinion,how brilliant you are at top titching,I think a great top stitcher can get away with wild contrasts,but if the stitching is a little dodgy then best to match the PUL!<br>
I too love to contrast top stitch!!!!Untill i make a mistake!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I always match the PUL because my top stitching isn't as perfect as I'd like & I don't want it to show. If you're a master top stitcher, though, I think contrasting thread would be fun. I might try it one of these days when my top stitching looks better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! I'm on my way to the fab. store this morning and I was checking back to see your opinions. Guess I'll bring my PUL scraps to match colors. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts