Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, here are some things staring at me all the time. does anyone have a good vegetarian recipe or suggestion as to what i can do with them? every once in a while i like to eat everything up and start from scratch in the fridge/cupboards, and these things won't go away, and i've run out of ideas for them:

guava paste (what the heck?)
wheat germ (tired of sprinkling it on cereal)
flaxseeds
2 frozen bananas
bbq sauce
canned red peppers (never tried them before....similar to the yuckiness of other canned veggies?)
pigeon peas
chana dal
nori (anything other than sushi?)
oat o's (i'm on a granola for breakfast bender)

thanks

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
wheat germ: add it into whatever you are baking/cooking with flour, for extra nutrition (pancakes, cakes, cookies, etc.)

flaxseeds: granola, sprinkle on cereal, throw in smoothies, bread, do the blender thing and use as an egg replacement.

bananas: bread (you only need 3), add to pancakes, smoothies.

BBQ sauce: fry some tofu, put in a casserole dish with lots of BBQ sauce and bake at 350 for 1/2-hour.

red peppers: stir fry

nori: toast for a few seconds over gas stove and snack away. Kids LOVE this as it's eating something with the texture of paper. cool melting in their mouth.

O's: trail mix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.