Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday DS had a nasty poop. It wasn't totally watery but definitely watery around the edges. And it smelled gross - almost like throw up.<br><br>
Anyhoooo. There was a lot of undigested rice in it. He has gotten red cheeks from eating sushi rice and we thought it was b/c of the way it was prepared. Two nights ago he had brown rice. Loved it. At handfuls.<br><br>
So do you think he was reacting to the rice & that's why it came out undigested in a bad poop? Or could he have been reacting to something else and it just so happened that he had rice around the same time?<br><br>
There are a couple of other "things" it could have been but I'm wondering about the rice.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
I honestly don't know, but I will tell you that I could not rid of those kind of poops until we took all grains out. We are on SCD now, and we are still having the occasional looser stool or diarrhea, but those kind of half-formed, half-watery stools were on a daily basis until I cut out all the grains.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well generally his poops have been ok. He had a near perfect poop a few days ago. And this one had some nice formation. It was just watery around the edges. And accompanied by red ring so that's why I think it was a new reaction or a reaction to something recently eatn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts