Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love steam mops and how quickly the floor dries and without having to use any chemicals or soaps.

Unfortunately, I don't love my steam mop. It's the "H2O Mop" (often featured in As Seen on TV ads, avail at Walmart and other major retailers). What I like? Triangular pivoting head for getting into corners. That's about it though.

It's heavy. It doesn't glide well on my kitchen floor (but it's fine for hardwood/laminate). Our kitchen floor had a bit of texture in it. The microfibre cover always pops off when I mop. I can only push it one direction...otherwise the microfibre mop head cover keeps popping off. The cord is always getting in the way. My back aches afterwords.

All in all - I end up frustrated by the experience....instead of energized/rewarded.

Anyone know of this mop and can recommend a lighter, more user friendly one??????

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a steam mop and I got rid of it. I use a white washcloth that I dip into very hot water and attach to my swiffer. I then spray the floor with a little bit of amnoia---not natural but my floors do not come clean otherwise. I hot mop, rinsing the washcloth often. I like it much better. Maybe you could hot mop with just vinegar or something like Dr. Bonners???

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I read all of the reviews on Amazon and ended up with an Eureka steam mop. No triangle head, but it does get the steam hotter than a shark steam mop and works well. I found that I can even steam off stuck on food (I have a toddler and no pets to clean up after her). I just have to let it sit on the spot for about 10 seconds. No scrubbing... just patience. a triangle head would be nice. If I use the pads that came with it, it glides across my vinyl floor just fine. When I use a microfiber cloth, not as much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.