Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mammas....this is my first post in this section and I hope you can share your wisdome with me!!

For YEARS I have suffered with major fatigue issues. I can sleep for 8-10 hours at night, but still want to take a nap about 3 hours after being up. I also have a ton of headaches, and just generally feel sluggish and "spaced out" a lot. I'm on zoloft for depression/anxiety and am BF my 9-month-old. Prior to startign the zoloft, I was so anxious in public and short-tempered with my DC and DH, so I definately feel better on it than off. I don't know if a cleanse of some type would help, but have read that they're not safe while BF anyway. I also don't really want to lose any weight...I'm 5'7and can barely maintain 120 pounds.

Any suggestions on what would help to perk me up?????

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Quote:
I also have a ton of headaches, and just generally feel sluggish and "spaced out" a lot.
I have felt like this a lot...cutting gluten out of my diet has helped drastically. I adopted the GFCF diet along with my DD last year and have felt lots better since then. But cutting out even more carbohydrates beyond just wheat has helped even more. DD is on the SCD now and I'm compliant most of the time, but whenever I cheat and eat the wrong carbs, I go back to being sluggish and grumpy.

I've been reading up a lot on gut dysbiosis, and these types of symptoms are mentioned a lot. Actually gut dysbiosis sounds like it could be responsible for lots of different health problems. I'd look into reading "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" by Elaine Gotschall and also the Healing the Gut tribe in this forum.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Yup, was also gping to direct you to the Healing the Gut thread and read the cheat sheet stickied at the top too.

I am also almost 5'7" and had difficulty maintaining weight over 120 as well. I also tool some SSRI for several years AND could sleep 12 hrs. a day if given the chance.

Now it's a whole different story. I've been focusing on gut healing/nutrition and supplements for 1/2 a year now & I feel GREAT. I'm totally off Lexapro & am maintaining about 136 every time I weigh.

Here's the link to the "cheat sheet" - - there's a TON of info. there but the HTG tribe ladies will help you interpret.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts