Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has recommendations for super absorbent but trim fitted dipes?

im looking to try wool and fitteds again but stella soaks through all her fitteds (all are hemp, all have either a trifold or 3 snap in soakers plus an extra lay-in doubler that i add, i use: muttaqin, mudpie, sugar plum baby) in an hour or two. i cant use them for naps because she wakes up early due to soaking the entire diaper (seriously, the whole thing is soaked, its gross to open the snaps and take it off). so what else is there? oh, and she is 16 months old, in case that helps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey I know you!

We have had good luck with our Benjamuffins fitteds. The ones we use do have internal soakers though. I have her add a snap in doubler too. They have always been our "going out" dipes.

I have noticed though that when DS gets close the end of a size range for a dipe, he soaks it a lot quicker. Is Stella getting toward the end of the size range for the dipes you have?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey you

ill have to try those. where can i find them? the muttaqins are supposed to be 1 size, so i cant imagine she would need something bigger in those. the mudpies and spb are larges so i think thats the right size too. but i do agree, that is what tends to happen with stella too, she leaks when its time to move up. i think this is an issue of her drinking a ton of rice milk all day long and, well, you know the rest

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I had some real trouble with fitteds so I just stick to PFs. I use premium PFs and then I'll do hemp flats like duz-it-alls folded inside of the PF. I know it's not a fitted, but man, it works well for us! I have pics of what the only thing that worked overnight was... http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/PhotoAlbum26.html Seriously, it's not the prettiest, but it works.

I think you might like an envelope or pocket fitted with heavy wetter insert or a couple of medium inserts. That way you could tailor it your way.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
I had some real trouble with fitteds so I just stick to PFs. I use premium PFs and then I'll do hemp flats like duz-it-alls folded inside of the PF. I know it's not a fitted, but man, it works well for us! I have pics of what the only thing that worked overnight was
:LOL that is one big diaper butt! But, seriously, I might try it! I have some duzitalls & prefolds!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
I had some real trouble with fitteds so I just stick to PFs. I use premium PFs and then I'll do hemp flats like duz-it-alls folded inside of the PF. I know it's not a fitted, but man, it works well for us! I have pics of what the only thing that worked overnight was... http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/PhotoAlbum26.html Seriously, it's not the prettiest, but it works.

I think you might like an envelope or pocket fitted with heavy wetter insert or a couple of medium inserts. That way you could tailor it your way.
love the photo tutorial!!! the pic in the wool cover is adorable, "ta da!!!" great!!!! ill have to look into that system. i do have a duz-it-all, i will have to try it wrapped inside a pf. thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, our SOS are supposed to be OS too and he's been out-soaking those for a few months now and he's just avg. size. I thought they were the best when he was smaller bc though they were bulky then, we could go out for hours w/o worrying about leaks!

Benjamuffins are Benjamuffins.com. I just re-read your post though and see you're looking for trim. While they're def not as bulky as Spark's combo
I wouldn't call them trim either. But Kim is super nice to work with and they have a *ton* of adorable prints and great prices!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'd go for some of the night time hemp dipes, Schnoogly UNDers, Firefly Nightlight, etc..

We had good luck with the Ecobunz fitted, it comes with 1 lay in and 2 sewn in soakers. Their seconds are $10.

If Moose gets any heavier wetting than he is now I'll be looking into hemp prefolds/flats for night I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.