Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bag to carry around for snacks and water when ds and I are out for a few hours. I am thinking of playgroups, zoo, parks, etc. I don't really need to carry a diaper bag per se. I usually just keep that in the car.

I just want something that a water bottle or two will fit in plus some snacks for us.

I have a backpack but it is too big and too hot for something like the zoo or park.

Anyone have any ideas or know of the perfect bag???? PLEASE

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I found an insulated bag/backpack at thriftco. It is totally awesome. It was made by some formula company (ha!), probably some free thing from a hospital, but it works perfectly to keep lunches cold, will also hold a couple diapers and my wallet & has backpack straps! Awesome!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I got tired of carrying around a diaper bag or backpack, but since DS has food allergies I need to have a bag with his Benedryl and Epi-pen with us whenever we leave the house. I found a toddler backpack at a childrens resale for a couple bucks and I use that all the time now. It is small but still has room for DS's medicine, a diaper, some wipes, my phone and keys plus snacks and a water bottle. If DS is in the mood he will wear it on his back, but most of the time I just sling it over my shoulder. Of course then I am walking around with a Blue's Clues bag, but I gave up any attempt to be stylish a long time ago!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Have you seen Laptop Lunchboxes? Slim box with different sized containers inside, and it all slips into a case that holds a waterbottle, too.

I used a Camelbak backpack when my kids were smaller. 3 liters of water, plus room for snacks and a change of clothes and it worked out perfectly for us (especially for theme park trips where water was $3 a bottle!). It was well padded on the shoulders and had a chest and waist clip to help distribute the weight. In fact, my overnight pack was better fitting and less irritating than my friend's daypack. The bonus was that the kids drank more water, too. They liked the bite valve better than a water bottle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.