Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try sewing a diaper bag, but I'm having trouble finding an appropriate pattern. I have a really cute patterned fabric that I'd like to use on the inside or as an accent, with something plainer on the outside. Maybe something like this from Jan Andrea, but I don't know if that will be big enough for cloth diapers. I also like messenger bag styles, but want to be sure my patterned fabric is visible. So, is that enough rambling? If anyone has ideas or links for me I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Amy Butler's Nappy Bag or Messenger Bag might work. There are also instructions for a bag in Jean Ray Laury's Total Tote Bag book (great book) that looks very similar to the one that you linked to. It's made from a square of cloth, any size you want, and very easy. Let me know if you want me to send you more details.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I love the following site for all things baby related. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and she has several diaper bag and related accessory type things. You might find one you like, even if you do the other messenger style one.

I love the 'wipe/dipe' case. As you can toss a wipe case and a diaper or two in it and hit the road pretty quick if you just have a small errand to run.

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/#bags

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.