Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am a very sweaty girl and I am standing up in a wedding next month (outdoors in July). I had the dress altered last week on a hot, muggy day and I was instantly getting the armpits of the dress all wet and discolored. Yuck! I'm all for being a natural mama, but I don't want to be a sweaty bridesmaid.

Help!
Kathleen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
secret platnum clear gel, peach.

it works really well and doesnt have that deoderant smell when you sweat.

i used to use Kiss My Face Peach but they changed it or something. one day it was in a differnt kind of package and when i tried it , it didnt work, nor did it smell the same to me.

you should go iin the aisle where they have all the little samples for $1 and just try a few things, even mens, since you have a month. i think everyone is different with deoderant

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by armonia
Drysol. Not natural at all, but effective. I think you need a prescription.
Yep. Ordinary anti-perspirants do nothing for me, so I had to move to the prescription strength stuff. The other major brand is Certain Dri.

Prescription strength in the US - it's over the counter in Canada.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
natural ones dont work well for me, but as far as the scent thing goes- the only one that leaves me with a decent smel l when I sweat is that cystal thingy-the rock you can buy at Trader Joes that you get wet and rub on you.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hmmm.... I would just suggest that you avoid paying full price for the antipersperants while you are trying them out. We don't pay more than twenty five cents for mainstream antipersperants and deoderants now that I clip coupons. You can go to Target or some other store and shop the trial sizes, and match your coupons from the Sunday paper with the trial sizes to get the stuff for super cheap.

That way, if it doesn't work, you are out a quarter or even nothing (yes we get it for free sometimes) and you can continue to experiment, because nobody is going to want your old used deoderants that did not work.

You can find extra coupons on ebay or through http://thecouponclippers.com.

That said, I like Dove, too.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Another vote for Certain Dri!

One bottle lasts me for 9-10 months. You put it on at night and let it dry, you only need to put it on every few days. Then just use your regular deodorant during the day. Any drug store can order it for you if they don't carry it, usually runs about $5 a bottle.
(I just ordered more, it came in today.)

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nurse
certain dri is very effective, not natural, but it works. you only put it on at night. it is available at most stores with the other anti-perspirants. you might need to use it for a couple days or more before for it to really work.

http://www.privateway.com/cerdripresst.html

info on certain dri. have fun at the wedding! hope you don't sweat!
I am very sweaty too. Certain dri has changed my life. Really - I used to sweat through 3-4 shirts a day, easily, with regular deoderant/antiperspirant. Now I'm just like everybody else.
:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Mitchum. Not natural at all. You don't have to use it every day. It really stays on, too. When I used it, I could shower, wash under my arms, and I could feel the stuff. It took days for it to come off. Strange stuff, probably bad for you, but effective.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah, changed my life too, although I use Drysol (same thing). I used to walk around all day with my elbows clamped to my sides because I didn't want the pitstains on my shirts to be visible.

Now with Drysol my underarms stay dry. The only other thing that worked to eliminate my excess sweating was actually pregnancy! I hardly sweated at all while pregnant, and didn't use any anti-perspirant; unfortunately, that's not really a long-term solution to the problem, since I really don't want another baby any time soon!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nurse
certain dri is very effective, not natural, but it works. you only put it on at night. it is available at most stores with the other anti-perspirants. you might need to use it for a couple days or more before for it to really work. http://www.privateway.com/cerdripresst.html

My sister sweats like a hog out of her right armpit, this is the only thing that works for her. She brought me a bottle and I haven't tried it yet, but she raves about it and no longer has one leaky pit

If you have a Walrgeen's in your area, they usually carry it.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
The only one I've found to keep me feeling dry is Secret solid. I use the "old" kind, rather than all the new ones. I just HATE it when my armpits feel like they are sticking together, and this certainly prevents that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.