Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH is takign a new job in the Philly area. We need to find an apartment and have no idea of where to begin looking as far as neighborhoods and schools are concerned. So, if you live in, have visited or know anyone there ANY advice at all is VERY appreciated.<br><br>
TIA!<br><br>
ETA: The job will be in Blackwood, NJ so I'm guessing south philly or the burbs would be good but I've been searching for the past 4 months and have yet to find anything that I have any knowledge about.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
And close to Center City. Great for walking EVERYWHERE.<br><br>
Lots of families/kids/babies and parks.<br><br>
And the catch school is Meredith, which I hear is better than most (although we're not in school yet).<br><br>
Queen Village is approx. the area from South Street to Christian, 6th to Front.<br><br>
Bella Vista is good, too - the neighborhood just to the west - South to Christian, 11th to 6th. Not sure about the school there.<br><br>
Check out phillyblog.com, too.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Why not the Blackwood, NJ area? OR do you wanna be in the city? Collingswood, NJ is nice and close Affordable, I hear good schools, lotsa places to walk to, diverse and has the train to Philly right there. I live in a town with good schools in NJ-albeit I hate my particular neighborhood.<br><br>
I like the city (used to live in Philly and the Bronx), I just am not seeing why live there and worry about commuting-kwim? But there are reasons I am probably not thinking of!<br><br>
Feel free to PM for specifics-I do not like posting too much personal stuff about where I live.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts