Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD is 15 mos and, it seems, has unusually small feet. She wears a size 3.

Most of the time she wears ShooShoos (soft leather shoes) but now needs something a bit sturdier for running and outside. Everywhere I look, the smallest size for these types of shoes is 4. Somehow anything smaller than 4 is considered "pre-walker" and doesn't have the proper sole for rough outdoor play.

I really like Preschoolians and have a pair (size 19) but they are still way way way too big for her. Nike makes some shoes that fit her, but the soles are extremely inflexible and she walks funny when she wears them, which I've heard is an indication the shoe does not fit or flex well enough.

Does anyone know where I can get shoes like Preschoolians or Pedoodles that come small enough?

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
She really doesn't need anything sturdier at 15mos, even for outside. I would just get the small soft Pedoodles, they at least have a tiny bit of padding and rubber in the soles to protect her feet if you are worried about hot pavement and such. Also, the Stride Rite Cruisers would be perfect! Flexible but still with a lot of rubber in the sole. I didn't put my daughter in anything more than leather soles or Preschoolians or Pedoodles until she was almost 18mos, and then I got her See Kai Run. HTH!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I looked everywhere and didn't have any real luck - my daughter had to make do with a pair of Pedipeds until her feet grew into a size 4.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amy, I understand what you're saying and I do agree, but right now her daycare is insisting she wear hard-soled shoes outside (liability reasons). Fortunately, they think that Preschoolians are hard-soled shoes and so those passed their "test". Inside she'll still be wearing her ShooShoos so she won't be wearing these shoes all day or anything. I'm looking for a alternate care for her, but right now I'm willing compromise and get her some shoes for outside.

I'm also looking for something that doesn't have any leather on the bottoms (like the Stride Right cruisers or the smaller Pedoodles) because she'll be walking outside in the rain a lot.

I see that See Kai Run come in her size. They are solid rubber bottoms, right? How is the flexibility compared to Preschoolians?

·
Registered
234 Posts
See Kai Run shoes are great. A rubber, yet flexible sole. You can order them online. www.seekairun.com will have links to places to order them. I got them from Dandelionbaby.com. I had to exchange a pair and it was hassle free.

I love SKR shoes. They're funky and fun and flexible.

They are a "tad" bit less flexible than Preschoolians, but really only a tad... you can bend them in your hand. Very durable, too.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Ah! I see.
I actually think SKR are MORE flexible than Preschoolians. The leather is much much softer, it's like butter. I wish I had a pair for myself LOL. They are really nice. Oh, and Dandelionbaby now has free shipping on SKR!
Oh and yes, they are solid rubber bottoms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.