Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd absolutly CANNOT walk in any of the clunky, heavy, inflexible, thick adult size soled "shoes" that they sell for kids. This is the second day and the second mall we've hit trying to find a pair of running shoes that she can actually walk in without injuring herself.
She has robeez, but they just dont work in all situations, like in the fall when the sidewalk is SO cold, rainy or muddy conditions, gravel, etc.
Water shoes would potentiallywork, except that I cannot find a pair that velcroes up, they all just made to slide on and her feet are too thick to get into any of them.
SPAM me with links, ideas, whatever. Im desperate! She wears a size 7 or 8 toddler if that makes a difference...

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Try See Kai Runs. I think they come big enough for you (DS is out of them at size 10.5--huge feet for a 3 year old!) They aren't styled like running shoes, if that's what you are looking for. But they have a very flexible rubber-type sole. (And I think they are really cute.) They are available online--sizing is funky though so be sure to read the sizing chart.

Have you tried Jumping Jacks? They are pretty flexible.

Also, DS loves his Vans and they are more flexible than some kids shoes (but not as flexible as See Kai Runs or Jumping Jacks).

I have no personal experience and no idea if they come big enough, but I have heard people like Peedoodles (or maybe Pedoodles) and Preschoolians (although I hear the customer service at the actual Preschoolians website is less than stellar--might try a different supplier if you go with those). I've also heard that Converse are really flexible.

Do you know about www.zappos.com? You could read the reviews there before buying. . . Free shipping and free returns. That's where our Jumping Jacks come from.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
How about Converse high tops? DD has a hand-me-down pair of those, and they're pretty flexible. I also really like the looks of those slip-on Merrell shoes - the Jungle Moc or Polar Moc on this page. They seem like they'd be pretty comfortable, though I've always been able to find something cheaper that worked for my DD.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Land's End's water shoes with elastic laces. My ds has super wide feet and has been wearing these all summer instead of sandals. They have limited selection now because it's end of season, but they are also on sale, if you can find the color/size you want.
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/1...46573479164940

I love zappos' free shipping and free return shipping policy! We've had Jumping Jacks brand shoes and been happy with them.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
My son loves his Crocs, they are really comfy, flexible, and slip on. They probably won't work for winter, though. We got some generic ones at Payless for only $12.
joshoes.com has soft-soled shoes that you can have lined with fleece for warmth, and they go up to 6 years- plus, they're cheaper than Robeez. We're going to buy a pair this fall for my big guy, if the new pirate Robeez don't seduce me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was looking at kids tennis shoes at the mall yesterday. They had some styles that were very light and flexible, they bent all the way backwards and were about the same price as stride rite. I think that they were Merrell or some sort of similar brand. I was at a Von Maur department store.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts

yep I was gonna suggest merrell or lands end. merrell are a bit $$$ but I found that ds's pair last fall lasted (size wise) straight through from fall to spring. and they were a dark plum with golden trim~~ he loved them!

we
lands end

1 - 10 of 10 Posts