Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know we're heading to TO this weekend for the VAn Halen COncert...
My hubby and brother are wanting to take some sort of transit to get from our Hotel (The Holiday Inn ~ Don Valley) to the ACC or as close to the ACC as possible.
I was trying to figure out directions online, but am extremely confused!
I have figured out that the ACC is next to Union Station....or atleast close enough to walk from Union Station to the ACC....now my problem is that I have no idea what type of transit they should get on (I'm assuming Bus) and will that transit run after the concert so they can get back to the hotel.
If anyone knows what route they should take I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm sure that the hotel staff will be helpful in getting them there and back, but at the same time, we'd like an idea of how to get there kwim??
Thanks in Advance!
Jen

·
Registered
199 Posts
Walk out of your hotel, down the hill to Eglinton Avenue.
Take the bus westbound to Eglinton Station.
Jump on the southbound subway to Union Station.
Follow the signs (and the crowd) to the ACC. The entrance is near the GO Trains, you don't have to go above ground.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!!
Dh also says Thank you!

I figured we picked a good hotel that it would be easy for him to get to and from the ACC without driving (we already have to pay 8 bucks to park at the hotel!!)
Should be a fun weekend....we're leaving early tomorrow....hangin out all day Saturday then the zoo on Sunday.....Dd is looking forward to it all....

Thanks again....
Jen

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will be able to take the bus back after the concert....its 24hours along Eglinton...the subway (I think) only runs until about 2 am..but there's a night bus afterwards as well....just in case you wanted to stay out a little later

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanting to say THanks!!
You're directions were right on!

Dh and Bro got to the concert and back in one piece...although a bit poorer!! 45 bucks for the cheapest T-shirt!

The kids and I went for a walk around the Wynford area and then went swimming....they had fun....
The zoo was ok....Dd was tired as it has been a LONG week...Ds seemed to be amused...but he's only 11 months...doesn't take much to amuse him.

Thanks for all the help!!

Jen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts