Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here is our story. We started EC when he was 4 months old. He is very smart and immediatelly knew what I was asking him to do. It was going great, but I was not doing it full time. We were EC about 60% of a time.
We went throught different stages. The older he got the more interesting it got.
When he was 7 months old he was going on the potty regulary and LOVED it. When he was about 12 months old he pretty much refused EC all together. He would NOT let me hold him over the toilet AT ALL or sit on the potty.
He is now 21 months old, has perfect control of going pee and poo but does not wanna sit on the potty. He will sit on it, pee few drops, got up and runs off. Come back sits on the potty again, pees few drops, gets up and runs off again....lol. He will let me hold him over the bath tub or toilet to go pee but will only stay there for few seconds, than he fights me. He will not stay there long enough to poo. The older he gets, the more difficult EC is.

Any advise what the next step should be? Our problem really is the communication at this point. He does not talk much, so he will not tell me if he needs to go pee or poo.

Thank you in advance for any help!

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Just hang in there, you're in the home stretch! Kids at this age typically have little interest in stopping to use the potty and it usually preceeds a sudden burst of potty independance. Just keep talking with him about it and have lots of potty places available that he can use by himself and I just about guarantee that one day in the next few months you will wander by one of them and find it full

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.