Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am suppossed to go to a few area businesses tomorrow and ask for donations for our LLL fundraiser. I know how important this is. I love LLL and would hate for us to disband due to lack of funds, but I am so terrified to do it. I have tried twice and just cannot get out the door. I live in an area with a dismall bf'ing rate. How do you other ladies have personal strength to do lactivism? I have no problem NIP but the thought of walking in and asking for money for an organization that I know does not recieve a lot of support in my community has me shaking in my boots. I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I was kind of unsure on where to put it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Could you go with a buddy? Go re read articles about how important breastfeeding is to re pump you up. By collecting funds for LLL you can make the difference for a child who may otherwise get formula. You have lots of support be strong!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
It helped me to highlight the incentives that the company would get. In my group, we have a yahoo group that I've posted donors on so that area businesses get a little free advertising. We're having a picnic & there will be an event flyer w/ all those companies who donated goods or money listed.

That's what helped me to be able to say give me money. Give me money & here's what you'll get.

Sus

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rozzie'sma
thanks ladies i got 2 sponsors
Nice job! I'd be nervous about it in my area, too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Do it for people like me who have NO LLL in their area, probably a major reason I'm no longer breastfeeding...the "professionals" in my town are not so good...If doing this means hanging on to your LLL, its worth it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.