Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to cloth diaper and want to start out using pre-folds with a wrap cover. I'm looking at all the sites and getting overwhelmed!!!! I don't want to put alot of $ into the initial start up so what do I need?? Is it reasonable to think 2 dozen diapers will get me two days so I'll do diaper laundry every other day? How many wraps would you suggest? Oh and one more thing are those snappi's just as easy as they look or do you suggest pins? TIA

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
With 2 dozen diapers you would probably need to wash every day. You need a dozen to use while you're washing the other dozen. I'd say you need at least 3 dozen diapers if you only want to wash every other day. I would suggest at least 6 wraps. I didn't use pins or snappis I just laid the diaper in the cover. If I had to choose between a snappi and pins, though, I'd definitely use a snappi!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
thanks for this post! I'm just getting started too, I won't be able to go to cloth full-time quite yet but I can finally start trying them!!
Now I know too how much more I need.

My question is will 4 covers in his current size be enough? I also plan on getting a couple wool ones made, but I don't know how soon that will happen. In the meantime, provided I like the prefolds and buy another 2 dozen (I have a dozen now), will that be enough to only do a load of dipes every other day?

Right now, I've got a bunch of sposies left still, so what I'm going to do is probably cd at home and sposies to go out and probably at night till I get more dipes so I don't have to do laundry daily cd'ing all the time.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I would try and get a couple more covers if you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.