Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Graco Snugride on Amazon.com that I am totally rethinking after seeing the new Infinite Slide Harness adjustment system on the Evenflo Triumph. I just read that it accomodates babies as small as 19".<br><br>
I have never been a huge fan of infant only seats and used a convertible from birth with my last son, but caved after being told time and time again that convertibles will not go low enough for for a newborn. Now that I am seeing the triumph WILL fit a 19" baby, I am again rethinking the infant seat since I don't ever use it for convenience of moving the baby in the seat nor do I like the idea of spending $90 for a car seat for a few months and then spend another $150 on a permanent seat. We are done having kids so I just would not re-use the bucket with another child.<br><br>
Anyone have any opinions on the Infinite Slide Harness? Or experience using the Triumph with a newborn?<br><br>
Which car seat would you get if you had to chose, Snugride or Triumph? I need to make a choice ASAP since Amazon will be shipping out the Snugride in a day or so and I need to cancel it quick if I go with the Triumph!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
i would go with the snugride JIC this baby gains fast, ds was to heavy for his infant seat at 2mths old, but still very tiny for the convertible. I feel horribly guilty that i couldnt keep him in his infant seat longer.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just because a carseat says 19inches & 5pounds doesn't always mean it actually fits newborns well. Weights on carseats are set in stone, but height limits are based on averages. The lowest slots on most convertibles are 9-10 inches. Newborns tend to have 7 inch torsos. For RFing, the harness slots should be AT or BELOW the shoulders. By 2-3 months most infants are big enough for a convertible. The Scenera & Radian are the only convertibles I can think of that has low enough slots for most newborns.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
The Triumph Advance actually does have low bottom slots, and fits newborns quite well.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead with the Triumph, I was impressed with how low it really goes and how far back it reclines. I put it next to an infant seat and the lowest strap height was actually LOWER than the infant seat, and they had the same amount of snug-ness and recline.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Super! It should last you a good long time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts