Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a SAHM/WAHM but now have started teaching two classes a week for our local homeschooling group.<br><br>
Daddy kept baby (for the 1.5 hour class) on week number one and things went fine. Week two things did not go fine and he ended up bringing me a sad crying baby...teething...really just needs mama.<br><br>
So the director (who is very crunchy) and apparently my students are cool with me bringing him into class with me and slinging him...I mostly nurse him and sometimes he watches, hasn't started making a lot of noise yet.<br><br>
So...any ideas for making this work smoothly. They are 5 week classes, so possibly when he is older and in the crawling stage , I may need to back out of classes....or would it be easier?<br>
Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Not much help here, but if everyone is comfortable w/ it, then just sling him the whole time. Maybe your DH could babysit when he's in a bit better mood? (Not teething)<br><br>
Also, our babe's share the same birthday!!! Six months yesterday!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i took ds to work and now work from home with him.<br><br>
what i learned was that he was happiest moving around, so slinging and eventually back carrying was always successful.<br><br>
when i couldn't move around, and was on the computer and/or phone, i used the boppy pillow for nursing and sleeping. (he still takes his daytime naps the best and longest on the boppy pillow when i am working).<br><br>
as he got older and crawling, it was a balancing act with rotating toys and integrating him as much as possible with my activities. obviously proofing the area was necessary, and then it was pretty much a free for all for him.<br><br>
my best advice was and still is, to maintain an open mind and never get caught up in a fear- that it isn't working, he's not happy, you are making a mistake, disappointing you, him, others.<br><br>
that always threw me into a frenzy of inefficiency. when i kept a calm perspective, i found i was much more creative from moment to moment, and almost always found a solution to the pressure.<br><br>
when there wasn't a solution, it was time for a break and we sometimes would just stop and take a walk around the block or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts