Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a slow cooker/crock pot with some $ I got for X-mas. I figure it'll come in really handy after the baby is born.

Does anyone have one that they love and would like to recommend? Or have a model that I should steer away from?

What is a good size for a family? Will 5 quarts do it or should I get a 6 quart to be on the safe side?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have a Rival Smart-Pot, which I really like because after it's finished it's cycle of Low or High, it automatically switches over to "Warm". It's a good feature, I've found.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Mine's a Rival 5.5 quart oval one that I've had for about 10 years. It's a nice size for my family of 5. It would be cool to have one of the programmable ones I think, but I'll keep using this one until it dies.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a Rival Smart-Pot, too. It's an oval 6qt. It's a good size for my family. For me, anything less would be too small. The crock is refrigerator and dishwasher safe, which is convenient.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momto l&a
All I can say is buy a big one and makes sure its an oval one. Roasts dont come round like most crockpots, ignore if you are a vegatarian.

Enjoy

nak i agree 100 % i have a round rival one and there are times I wish it was oval.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just got a rival smartpot 6qt oval for christmas. I've only used once & love it!
for those of you who have this brand - do you put it directly on the countertop or is it too hot? If so, what do you set it on? It was too hot for just bare formica countertop, potholders weren't enough though either...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just got a rival smartpot 6qt oval for christmas. I've only used once & love it!
for those of you who have this brand - do you put it directly on the countertop or is it too hot? If so, what do you set it on? It was too hot for just bare formica countertop, potholders weren't enough though either...

sorry - not sure what happend, didn't mean to post this twice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.