Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,294 Posts
I find that if I don't pre-wash them by hand with a little hand soap, they come out of the dryer still smelling like blood/fish. So I always give them a little handwash first, and then they go in with the regular wash on hot. I also try not to let them dry out - I handwash ASAP after removing one.

· Registered
7,294 Posts
I also wanted to add that what really works for both the smell and stain (I mean, NO stains!!!) is Ecover's stain remover - like shout's pre-wash remover but natural. After I give the pads a quick handwash, I use the stain remover and rub it in with the bristle that comes on the bottle. I make sure that it stays on the wet pads for at last an hour or two before it's time for the laundry.

I just did a load that included a combination of glad rags (I'm not into these so much but..), Sweet Cheeks (I love these!) and these ones made by some woman in Oregon and they all came out smelling fresh and without a single stain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.