Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a sty on my lower eye lid, it got pretty large and very infected in the skin all around that area. I took antibiotics and applied cream for several days, which got rid of the infection. However it has left the sty...which my doctor said he doesn't think is infected and is likely just a cyst now (huh??) -

It's a hard red lump which is sore if pressed, and although the skin covering it keeps trying to heal itself by peeling off with new skin underneath, the lump itself isn't disappearing.

So my doctor has made me an appointment at the eye clinic place at the hospital to have it removed
I had to cancel the appt because I have the flu right now and am not at all upto going anywhere.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to heal this myself before I get another appointment for it to be removed? Or am I really going to have to get it done that way?

· Registered
3,827 Posts
Do a quick search here for stys and you will find a few threads. Try some of the natural remedies from chamomile compresses and even rubbing something gold on it. Don't ask me how rubbing something gold on it works but, it helped get rid of mine.

I hope something works for you!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.