Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are committed to non-vaxing...my cousin has autism and i have read all my aunt's research about it...also there is a sids baby on dh side of the family, so we know that we don't want to vax!<br><br>
Still, the other day at our health food market i was thinking about this incredibly crunchy town we live in...very high percentage of families do not vax...so theoretically arn't we all more at risk IF an illness was introduced? So many kiddos are not vaxed so they are more vulnerable than if we were the only non-vaxing family say somehwere more mainstream...??????????????

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I think the differences in health beliefs and models maybe getting melted together here.<br><br>
Allopathic- medical model belives that disease is everywhere and we are all sitting ducks thus the push for vaccines. Those who don't vax are just riding off of the immunity of the vaxed.<br><br>
Homeopathic- medical model believes that illness is not bad, but does occur when the body is not in balance. And therefore proven by the fact that many vaccines are not 100% effective.<br><br>
I have many friends that have the same questions as you- and even fear getting in swimming pools with other kids, etc , for fear of virus shedding in the stool.<br><br>
I choose to tend to my kids immune system on a daily basis through nutrition and wellness thus not providing a welcome environment for disease. We do get sick mind you- same as anyone! But we tend to heal faster without antibiotics, medicines, etc ( I was not vaxed either). And if we get measles, pertusis, etc, then our bodies will have the strength to fight that off too, hopefully with minimal intervention or help.<br><br>
Does any of my points make sense?

·
Registered
19,101 Posts
Think childhood illness instead of disease. Childhood illnesses are normal passages of growth for healthy children. Not every child will need to go through every illness, but a child who never has a feverish sickness during their growing up might be missing something valuable.<br><br>
When medical folks point to high childhood mortality from "disease" they are not considering the surrounding environment.<br><br>
My daughter is an engineer, specializing in water. She took a class on health engineering in college. According to the engineers the improvement in health in the last hundred years or so is entirely due to better water quality as supplied by engineers. Doctors did diddlysquat.<br><br>
My area of study is history. I have a pretty good picture of the living conditions that produced epidemics of disease. Vaccinations would not have done much for populations that had filthy water for washing and drinking, inadequate and unsanitary food, overcrowded living conditions and so on. Are vaccinations lowering the infant mortality rate where living conditions are equivalent to 19th century European and American cities? They may even be raising it, since injecting sick and malnourished children with toxic mixtures of viruses, bacteria and chemicals doesn't seem like a health producing action.<br><br>
Sorry for the rant!<br>
Deborah

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
I have found it interesting to examine the "logic" of vax science. They say "Look, we started vaccinating and diseases went down. Ergo, vaxes prevented those diseases." They are very generous with the leap to a cause >> effect relationship and ignore all the other factors that are quite likely to be responsible for the lower disease rates. On the other hand when people say "Hey, look at this increase in autism as vaxes become more widespread. Look at this spike in SIDS right around the time most babes get vaxed!" the vaccine scientists say "That is insufficient data to draw a cause and effect relationship. Besides, look at all these other factors!"

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES, YES and YES! I knew that you mamas know your stuff and would have some good points to share! Thank you for the reminder that all illness is not BAD and that a healthy body can fight it off....<br><br>
Thank you! Keep it coming....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts