Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8mo son has out grown the size medium Fuzzi Bunz we use for nighttime diapers. He's got room in the waist, but none in the thighs. It's time to get more pockets for nighttime.

I've been pleased with the FB's at night, but I'm thinking of trying another pocket just for fun. What do you suggest? Are Apronstrings good for nighttime and is she even stocking now? I saw some Wonder-somethings that are one size and maybe those had suedecloth. Are Happy Heineys good for lean mean nursing machines with chubbo wubbo thighs? Are those worth a shot? What else is out there I may not have heard of? Have I asked enough questions?

Babe isn't a super soaker. I've been stuffing his FB's with one infant 4x8x4 prefold since night #1.

TIA!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I love my HappyHeinys for my chubby-thighed boy! They don't work for us at night (he is beyond a super soaker) but the elastic at the legs seems nice and gentle, never any red marks. Sometimes if i forget to pull the fleece up under the elastic in the back he gets a little red there, but usually no problems at all.

HTH

·
Registered
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chellemarie
Babe isn't a super soaker. I've been stuffing his FB's with one infant 4x8x4 prefold since night #1.

TIA!
I'm jelous! I make my own pocket diapers so I cant give opinions on any others but ... super soaker or not... I would suggest not using cotton based prints at night.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I was jelous that you could use an infant prefold overnight on an 8 month old!!!!

If you have a heavy wetter, then cotton based PUL (the prints) will tend to wick MUCH faster because the inside gets so soaking wet that the cotton on the outside of the diaper is busy yelling "come to papa" and thus a soaking wet baby in the morning. (during the day I change every three hours and the insides are soaking but no wicking... 8 hours overnight is just pushing it!)

But that is just my experience. I have the same problem with FB overnight... just not as much as a print.

I stuff my pockets with pretty much anything LOL. Hemp inserts or "hempfolds" are really nice but on the costly side. A prefold is always a good choice and if it is too tall then fold it the other way (making the middle thicker) ANother thing that I like is a flat-fold. basically a big flannel sheet that you fold to become 12 layers.

HTH

·
Registered
882 Posts
ok i see what you mean now!
i agree!
i was confused about what you meant regarding cotton based prints for overnight, and i can imagine i would have the same problem, though a FB with two hemp jersey (4 ply) inserts works great for us!
thanks for clarifying!
i didnt realize that the prints were cotton based outer, i guess. LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.