Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p><span style="font-size:8pt;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">Ok, so here’s a brief rundown of my issues-</span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:8pt;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">Been dealing with infertility/irregular periods for the last year+ I regularly go at least 2-3 months without AF, currently at 5 months!! The only test that has come back abnormal is my prolactin, which has been high on multiple occasions over the past year. I have milk. I have since my 17week loss 3 years ago. However my cycles were totally normal for the first year post partum/loss.  </span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:8pt;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">My main issues started in August of 09. Periods started getting irregular, milk increased, hair sheds more than usual, hard time losing weight, and I’ve been temping low this whole time! Average is around 96.9!! I’ve had my thyroid tested 3 times and it’s always in normal range!</span></span></span> <span style="font-size:8pt;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">They’re only testing one thing though… t3 I think? Maybe 4… I can’t quite recall. But I do recall hearing before that they need to test more than one for accurate results?  </span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:8pt;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">Anyway, I see my RE again next week and I’m supposed to be going on bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. If it is my thyroid causing the high prolactin, than I want to treat THAT first, rather than just trying to fix one side effect in the big picture.   I need to convince my RE to take me seriously on this! What tests do I need to ask for?</span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:8pt;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">Thanks in advance!!</span></span></span></p>

·
Registered
245 Posts
<p>Check out the thyroid threads.  There is even a thread referring to thyroid issues with normal blood tests.  </p>

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
<p>Yes, definately get both T3 and T4 tested, one of mine was "normal" but the other wasn't.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts