Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a nutshell, my co-leader and I are going to be giving a talk on breastfeeding and relaxation. The local WIC is hosting a "relaxation" evening at the library and we are to talk about our group and how breastfeeding plays a role in relaxation. I'd like to hear from you breastfeeding mothers about how you relax to breastfeed and/or how breastfeeding helps you PERSONALLY to relax (you know, just the slowing down and taking time with baby/toddler). I will need to talk about 10 minutes and I don't want to fill that time talking just about my own experience bfing. TIA!! So, tell me about the relaxing joys you've found in your nursing relationship(s).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not sure I'm much help. I used a nursing pillow and rocking chair and when DH was home or the older kids were with my mom I could just latch baby on and both of us drift off or I could read or knit. Is that what you are looking for? Well, it's a bump anyway, hopefully someone can give you some great info

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The first "relaxation story" that pops into my brain is from when DS was only about two months old. I'd been out Christmas shopping for a few hours when he needed to nurse. We found a nice quiet corner (I was so scared of NIP back then!
) and cozied up for a half hour or so. I didn't realize how tired out I was until I sat down with him, and by the time he was done I felt refreshed enough to shop for a few more hours.

Lying down to nurse DS to sleep for his naps was always nice too. I'd end up with a really good excuse to "accidentally" nap a few times a day, even if only for 15 minutes at a time.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES!! These are the kinds of stories I want to talk about! Thank you so much! I don't really want to prattle on about my OWN relaxing experiences with nursing. I'd like to show it from all sorts of perspectives. Different ways breastfeeding was relaxing for you... AND for your baby (you know, the stories of comforting and getting baby to relax and go to sleep when life is hectic... and the relaxing benefits to you, too). ANYTHING! My co-leader and I have to fill up 15 minutes of talking.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, the talk is tonight. Do the two of you mind if I use your stories to show these women real life "relaxation" benefits of breastfeeding? I really believe in this LLL and WIC joint venture. I hope this workshop really reaches some women and we can boost our groups numbers (which haven't been good this past year).

Thanks again! And anyone else that can contribute, I would be eternally grateful!!

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
I have a 16 mo old toddler and I chase him around constantly. Nursing can be a great refuge for me. When I am busy busy busy it helps to sit down in the rocking chair, cuddle up with my boy and just let go for a few minutes. He isn't getting into anything, he isn't getting hurt and I can space out. There are so few times during the day that I can let my attention wander. Nursing helps so much for both of us to unwind and come down from the constant busyness of a toddler.
Wendi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.