Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're all set for a boy...If we have a boy then he will be
Benjamin David Colvin

Our first son is called Tobias...Toby for short.

If we have a girl then she will be Rhiannon Colvin, but I am kinda stumped for a middle name.

Some options that I like a little are

Rhiannon Hazel
Rhiannon Elise
Rhiannon Eva

..but none are really 'clicking" right now.
So this is not a poll..I'm looking for NEW middle name suggestions! If anybody has any I would appreciate the input.
Thanks!

Laura

·
Premium Member
22,688 Posts
I like Elise the best, and I like Louise. I think that is because I like two syllable middle names to have the emphasis on the second syllable. Maybe because Marie is such a common middle name in my family so I'm used to the way that sounds. Stacy Marie sounds better to me than Stacy Mary and so on.

With boys, though, it doesn't seem to matter. Why is that? I must be conditioned that way or something. My husband's middle name is William, my father's was Joel, and my nephew's is Matthew.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone...I'm leaning more toward Rhiannon Elise now ....

Rhiannon is pronounced Ree- ann-on with the emphasis on the "ann" part.

It has been my favourite girls name for about 10 years now! (So I'll probably have a boy and never be able to use it, right?!!)

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Of the three you listed, far and away I like Elise the best. Sounds beautiful with Rhiannon!

Second choice for a middle (if you don't go with Elise - which I would!) would be the name of your favorite mom, aunt, gramma, sister, etc. on either side of the family. I love middle names after special people.

Good luck deciding!
Kirsten

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
rhiannon hawa colvin ? (haa-wah) <--means Eve...

are there any particular languages u like the sound of (poor grammar i know) or certain words u love in english and can use in another language..

i dont know, for me i love the sound of names in other languages..like beautiful=jameelah or lively=a'ishah (lol. my dd's name
)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Did you change your name? If so you could use your maiden name. If not, your mom's maiden name. Do you have a favorite relative with a middle name you could use? The last name of a writer or muscian you like?

As for sound, I love alliteration with first and middle names (but not first and last): Riannon Ray?

You suggestions are fine too.

Good luck

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
What a great name! I like it!

Ok, so for a middle name. Elise works well, too. Let's see what else flows well...since you asked for other ideas
Rhiannon ____ Colvin

Blanche
Rae (or Ray -- that was a nice suggestion)
Laure
Joy
Adelle
Serra
Ella
Gray
Moira
Della
Jude
Sage
Naomi
Ruth
Bree

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Rhiannon sounds so Celtic that I would go with a good Irish or Celtic name to follow it up. I'm drawing a blank on any suggestions right now. Pregnant brain has gotten the better of me. We don't have a single idea for our little bundle either so I should probably get to brainstorming.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.