Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....since September I have been in and out of having plugged up sinuses. I have done one round of Antibiotics which was no help. I have used my neti pot. The things I know I should be doing but am not....cut out sugar, sleep and excercise. I have no energy, am irritable and sick of being sick. I just read about colidial silver. but then I read that it turns people blue so really want to feel better but not turn blue. Any suggestion? I know the sugar should be gone...kinda hard at this time of year, but I do want to feel good through the holidays. Thanks for any input, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could it be allergy-induced? That's when I have horrible sinus pressure/build-up is when seasonal allergies are flaring, which can be any time of the year. Allergies can make you feel horrible. Have you tried any allergy medications?

The neti pot always makes my sinus issues worse for some reason, so I gave it up.

Have you heard of sinus buster? I bought it at a local health-food store and it works great and is natural. They have different formulas for different needs.

http://sinusbuster.com/

I would try that plus look into allergies being a cause. It sounds like you've tried everything else.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I am having the exact same issue, sinus congestion since September.

The neti pot isn't helping.

It isn't a sinus infection.

It isn't allergies (this really surprised me since I have lots of environmental allergies) according to my blood tests done by my naturopath. I've been on a total elimination diet for 6 weeks now, and while I feel much better in other ways, my sinuses are still the same.

DD's ped told me there is a nasty virus going around which is taking 6+ weeks to fully resolve. I suspect this is what is going on with my sinuses. Its just a very unusual virus. The dry winter air is exacerbating the congestion, too.

My naturopath recommended a hypertonic solution - you take one ounce of water and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, and put ten drops of this into each nostril daily. Its a much stronger version of the neti pot solution and is supposed to stimulate the sinuses to produce extra snot to wash stuff out. It stings a little bit more than the regular neti pot solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.