Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new solution for overnight diapers. My FB (double stuffed) aren't doing it anymore. I've tried a microterry and a doubler, 2 microterry, a microterry and a prefold, a prefold and a doubler...you get the idea!
: Everything seems to leak! I'm not opposed to changing once at night, but every 2 hours gets to be a bit much! I don't have problems with my dipes at any other time, so maybe they're getting too small to be so stuffed? My DS is 25 lbs. and 32 in. and wears a medium.

I was thinking of maybe going to a prefold/contour/fitted with a wool cover.

Anyone have a good idea for me? TIA!

·
Registered
837 Posts
For nighttime I use a drybees fleece pocket with 2 hemp inserts and a micro insert or a HH pocket with the same inserts and a wool cover since that pocket isn't waterproof. Ds hates to be wet so when I tried a fitted with doublers and wool loniges he woke up every hour also he started to get rashes. My ds needs the fleece to keep him dry and happy! It took me 6 months to figure out what worked for us.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I think the best combination for night time is a fitted diaper under a wool soaker. I recommend Precious Coverings nighttime fitteds, Firefly Sleeptights, or Under the Nile. For the wool soaker, I recommend Disana.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sustainer View Post
I think the best combination for night time is a fitted diaper under a wool soaker. I recommend Precious Coverings nighttime fitteds, Firefly Sleeptights, or Under the Nile. For the wool soaker, I recommend Disana.
:

I second this...I LOVE my Disana soaker! And I would definitely say to try hemp...our two nighttime dipes are either a Happy Hempy pocket fitted stuffed with 2 hemp doublers or a First Class Baby hemp fitted w/ a tri-fold soaker that I just bought off of a mama on the TP. Both of them work great, and are the only thing that isn't completely soaked by morning. I've also used my Babyology longies overnight without leaks, but they're really thick like the Disana is.

·
Registered
776 Posts
we use a Little Beetle Hemp diaper w/the 'leaf' doubler (10 layers of hemp) and a thick bamboo doubler (4 layers of bamboo) that is topped w/microfleece and a wool cover to top it off
haven't had a leak yet! and after going through a million different combos like it sounds you have we were SOOO relieved this finally worked!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I agree with PP. A pocket fitted diaper with hemp & microfiber stuffers inside under a wool cover is the only thing that worked for dd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.