Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, my formerly easygoing 31-month-old DD has turned into a whiny, clingy, fussmonster! She is having tantrums about EVERYTHING. For example, the other night, she cried all the way home from the neighborhood park because the moon was too far away. Today it was because I carried her into the house instead of letting her walk. This was because every time we get out of the car she goes running into the backyard wanting me to chase after her (which is not what I want to do, being 8 mos. pregnant) and WILL NOT just walk into the house, so I just calmly followed her to the back and picked her up and carried her in.

I know this is kind of stuff is normal at this age and there have been a lot of changes going on lately. We are expecting a baby in about 6 weeks and have been moving things around in the house to get ready, then her Dad was out of town for a few days and my mom came to help out, plus I think she has a molar coming in. So, I realize any and all of these things could be contributing to these behaviors, but I just don't know what to do to make it an easier time for her. Sometimes I think maybe it is just my fault--that my parenting is somehow encouraging these behaviors.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

about the same age my cute dd turned into a complete monster and left me wondering what I did

·
Registered
148 Posts
OMG - I am in the same boat. And, your story about not being able to get in the house without her wanting to play outside is EXACTLY what DS does.

I do everything from giving him plenty of warnings about what we're going to be doing, especially if we will not have time to play in the yard. If we are playing outside, I give him the 10, 5, and 2 minute warnings (which used to work just fine) but he still has a full and complete meltdown. And, I'm talking 20 minutes on average. Lately, he's also waking up into a tantrum/meltdown.

I, too, am feeling confused about what I've been doing wrong. Have I inadvertantly created this dynamic???

·
Registered
855 Posts
My DS is the same, although he's only 24mo at the moment, but he has ALWAYS been like this - it's not just a new thing. Every. single. thing he tantrums about, all day long. It's exhausting. And I'm 8 months preg too - I just want to do things the simple way. Today it took us nearly 20 mins to get up the 3 flights of stairs to our apartment. Ugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.