Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of OT but since sea salt is different than regular salt, maybe someone knows...I have no idea how much she ate--she was playing with the bag (it was Redmond Real Salt) and I noticed that the lid was loose and there was wet salt around her mouth and on her neck. Should I call poison control, just keep an eye on her, or what?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i would probably try to flush with water or BM, but thats just my instinct. I wouldnt call poison control, but probably your general practitioner. I think Sea Salt is less refined and probably not as harmful as table salt. Like I said these are my gut instincts, not medical knowledge. Good luck momma, i think she'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think that if she swallowed enough salt to be a problem, that she'd probably throw up. If you feel uncomfortable though you could just call the GP office and get some advice over the phone.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I think a baby would self-regulate intake of a natural food such as sea salt- spitting it out when she's had enough. Honestly, my biggest concerns with a 7mo and a bag of salt would be the possibility of getting salt in her eyes.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upon further reflection I really don't think she ate much of it at all--the bag was almost empty and she was just sort of chewing on the spout (with the lid still loosely on) when I saw her. She usually makes funny noises when she gets stuff (food, paper, that sort of thing) in her mouth, and she didn't, so I'm guessing she didn't get much of it.

We don't have a doctor for her (she's never been to one). She seems fine so I guess I won't worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts