Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>okay he's not really a baby anymore he's 2 but not really ready for potty training quite yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>he keeps getting sores and redness from his diapers.  we use all different types pockets prefolds and AIO's. i'm wondering if there is just residue in his dipes or something.... we have an older fl washing and i use an Eco baby soap.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what do you do for stirping what would you do for the rash?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>if he is in disposables the rash goes away? I doubt he is allergic to his diapers but i guess it could be a possibility.. and yes he does get changed frequently</p>

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
<p>If it is actual sores, I would suspect a bacterial infection.  See the doctor for an antibiotic cream and wash the diapers with 1-2 Tbsp. bleach.</p>

·
Registered
51 Posts
<p>When DS was getting a rash that just wouldn't go away,  I put him in disposables for a week and used lots of barrier cream and a combo of antifungal and hydrocortisone cream to get rid of the rash.  Then I stripped the prefolds using several hot washes.  And now for almost every wash I do a cold prewash and then a full cycle hot wash with a decent amount of detergent (I think I was using too little before).  Haven't had the problem since.  I think that what was happening for me was that he was just getting reinfected over and over and the anitfungal took care of it and now the hot washing kills the bacteria. </p>

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>i'm thinking i need to do a good stripping of the diapers</p>

·
Registered
399 Posts
<p>I would definitely strip them. I've used a couple of different methods to strip, most of which have worked pretty well. A squirt or two of Dawn (original blue bottle) and then lots of rinses until there are no more bubbles during the agitate cycle works.. So does adding 1-2 Tbsp of bleach like PP said, and then rinsing a few times to make sure all of the bleach is gone. Also, you can rock a soak using Rockin' Green. You can also boil the inserts on the stove. As for rash cream, I <em>highly</em> recommend using CJ's BUTTer! I heard about it so much that I decided to try it. Well, my DD had a rash from detergent residue and the very next day it was almost 100% gone! And it comes in all sorts of fantastic scents (or unscented) so it's fun to by as well as a reputable product. Hope this helps!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts