Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just washed a load of diapers and in that load was a new (used but new to me), really beautiful burgundy AIO. The problem is that a bunch of my other diapers came out pink! The burgundy bled on to them - is there any way to get this out? Oxyclean, baking soda, anything?? I have not dried them - don't want the dye to set in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm sorry but I had to laugh! I did the same thing yesterday! They aren't *too* pink but still. I'm going to tye dye/dye mine I think (bought the kit at Michael's today). Mine are preemie size though (no babe quite yet) so if they turn out crappy at least I won't have to use them for very long.<br><br>
Have you considered dyeing them?<br><br>
Shannon

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
You can try soaking them in lukewarm water and changing the water periodically until the colour is gone. It might work. Otherwise, it does come out eventually, after many washes.<br>
As far as the burgundy AIO, try giving it a soak in epsom salts and vinegar for a bit. That will help set the colour.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know what the effects would be on the absorbancy of the diaper but you can buy dye removal sheets. They look like dryer sheets but they remove rogue dye. Wally World probably carries them. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Or get used to pink dipes! I washed a load of dipes with one of DH's red shoprags by mistake about a year ago and some of the dipes are still a leetle bit pink.. they compete with the sky blue ones from a wash with a poorly-dye-set Tshirt...:LOL

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had some pink prefolds after I washed them with a brand-new pink/purple Liz's cloth sorbet. Fortunately they were dd's diapers, but the color faded after a wash or 2 and some strong sun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts