Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've washed it in euclan with lansinoh twice now and twice it's completely leaked after just a couple hours of my 4 week-old sleeping at night. UGH. My disana cover has NEVER leaked. I thought these things were some of the best wool soakers. What's going on???
Are they supposed to be good? How many times did you lanolize yours?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is the diaper underneath soaked? Wool/fleece covers will only work as good as the diaper underneath. You may just need to boost your absorbancy if that's the case. Also, is your 4 week old swaddled? I found it hard to use wool with my son because he has to be swaddled to sleep. The blanket pressed against the soaker for such a long period of time can lead to compression wicking. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear, JME.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I did find the Aristocrats to be awesome soakers and have never tried the Disana but thought they were comparable. My only thought is to maybe lanolize again with lanolin (as opposed to just washing with lanolin-containing wool wash). I did this with mine when needed and I would think that would solve the problem.

I had lanolin samples from my midwife (for nursing) that I used, but if you need to buy some, try http://sudzndudz.com/index.php?main_...fecdd696f94656 for wonderful lanolin products that make lanolizing NOT a pain. If you use her lanolin spray or pat-on balm, you won't have to wash the soakers again and then wait (FOREVER) for them to dry!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was soaked underneath but he's nursing/peeing/pooping so often it's almost always soaked even though I'm changing him constantly. It was with a prefold and a doubler. I went with wool b/c I thought at night it would be helpful since he sleeps longer stretches(this was two hours I think). I wouldn't say it was wetter than when he normally wets. I don't think he was swaddled yet though he did have a gown on over it. maybe that didn't help? My fleece stacinator leaked too- I don't get it. I'm so frustrated. My regular covers never leak.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I experienced similar issues with my aristocrats that were new, but always grew to love them after a couple of lanolin treatments.
I recommend a really healthy lanolin treatment and no washing this time. My favorite lanolin to use in this instance is good old fashioned Lansinoh lanolin.
Amy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.